Monday, October 24, 2011

License to be Honest

Raising newborn twins sucks. Period. Anyone who tell you that you should enjoy it has never raised newborn twins before.

It sucks. And it's OK to admit that it sucks. I love those little guys with all my heart, but this age SUCKS! I used to think I enjoyed newborns. There's really nothing to enjoy. All they do is grunt and cry. I don't count eating, sleeping, excreting or any other natural bodily cycle because when someone asked me what I did yesterday I don't talk about eating, restrooming, or sleeping unless there was something out of the ordinary cycle regarding those things... and I thought the other person needed to know about it.

So newborns don't DO anything. People say "Oh, but their so cute!" Nonsense. Half the time you see them they're grunting or crying, or they have skin flakes everywhere or spitup all over them. That's not cute. And you don't get a strong impression that they are particularly grateful for your efforts and lack of sleep.

I think it's very important when raising newborn twins to distiguish between these new people in your life and the situation they have put you in. I love these guys. Even though the don't do anything and they are NO fun at all right now, they are still my boys and I love them. This situation: their age mixed with Andrew's age; SUCKS. And I feel like if I deny myself the honesty that I hate this really hard period of my life I'm going to have some kind of emotional breakdown. That's not gonna help anyone.

I have no idea who's gonna read this, but I hope you take it for what it's worth...

No comments: